Real Estate Courses
Requirements for a NC Real Estate License
- Individuals must successfully complete a minimum 75-hour (Pre License) class administered by a school approved by the NC Real Estate Commission. ACC classes meet this requirement.
- Upon successful completion of the pre-license course, individuals must schedule and successfully pass a state administered exam.
- After passing the exam the NCRE Commission issues the licensee a "Provisional Brokers" license in an "Inactive Status".
- Provisional brokers must affiliate with a qualified firm/brokerage for supervision and training in order to change their status from "Inactive" to "Active".
- Provisional brokers are allowed up to 18 months after their initial licensing date to also complete three separate 30-hour Post Licensing classes in order to remove the provisional status and become a full broker.
Required Textbook: Modern Real Estate Practice in NC, 10th Ed,
- ISBN: 978-1-4754-8652-0
- Students can purchase the textbook at
- ACC Bookstore on the main campus ($42.75+ tax)
- Department Code= CNED
- Class= NC Real Estate
- or online (Approx. cost on Amazon is $53)
Students must have the book on the 1st day of class.
Real Estate Pre-Licensing - face to face
This course satisfies the education requirements for individuals wishing to become licensed as a provisional real estate broker. Those completing the course may apply for a license ($30 application fee to the Real Estate Commission) and sit for the NCREC state exam ($64 exam fee).
Students must have the book at the first class. (see textbook tab above for info.)
Classes are held at the Dillingham Center. 1304 Plaza Drive, Burlington, NC (Exit 145 off I-40/ I-85)
Real Estate Pre-Licensing Training Course Completion Standards
At least 80% class attendance.
First Paid, First Served. To register, 1) click the "Register Now" button. In the "search for sections" box type "real estate" 2) select the section you want & complete all required fields 3) complete the registration process by paying for the course.
Loc: DC Hours: 80 Fee: $186 Section # Dates Days Time 82677 6/20/23 - 8/08/23
No class on 7/04
M, T, TH 9am - 1pm 82732 8/28/23 - 10/12/23
No class on 9/04/23
M, T, TH 5:30pm - 9:30pm 82734 10/30/23 - 12/14/23
No class on 11/23
M, T, TH 9am - 1pm
**Additional expenses: books, license application, exam fee. Those completing the course may apply for a license ($30 application fee to the Real Estate Commission) and sit for the NCREC state exam ($64 exam fee).
Real Estate Continuing Education
Hours Required by NC Real Estate Commission: 8 hours
-4 mandatory hours in an Update course
-Provisional Brokers and non-BIC Brokers only: General Update course
-BICs and BIC-Eligible Brokers only: Broker-in-Charge Update (BICUP) course
-4 elective hours
For more continuing education information: https://www.ncrec.gov/Education/General
For more information about our classes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org