Real Estate Courses
Requirements to receive a NC Real Estate License
Requirements for a NC Real Estate License
- Individuals must successfully complete a minimum 75-hour (Pre License) class administered by a school approved by the NC Real Estate Commission. ACC classes meet this requirement.
- Upon successful completion of the pre-license course, individuals must schedule and successfully pass a state administered exam.
- After passing the exam the NCRE Commission issues the licensee a "Provisional Brokers" license in an "Inactive Status".
- Provisional brokers must affiliate with a qualified firm/brokerage for supervision and training in order to change their status from "Inactive" to "Active".
- Provisional brokers are allowed up to 18 months after their initial licensing date to also complete three separate 30-hour Post Licensing classes in order to remove the provisional status and become a full broker.
NC Real Estate Commission Prelicense Regulations
TEXTBOOK Information for Real Estate Pre-Licensing Classes
Required Textbook: Modern Real Estate Practice in NC, 10th Ed,
- ISBN: 978-1-4754-8652-0
- Students can purchase the textbook at
- ACC Bookstore on the main campus ($42.75+ tax)
- Department Code= CNED
- Class= NC Real Estate
- or online (Approx. cost on Amazon is $53)
Students must have the book on the 1st day of class.
Real Estate Pre-Licensing - Face to Face classes
Real Estate Pre-Licensing - face to face
This course satisfies the education requirements for individuals wishing to become licensed as a provisional real estate broker. Those completing the course may apply for a license ($30 application fee to the Real Estate Commission) and sit for the NCREC state exam ($64 exam fee). Instructor:
Students must have the book at the first class. (see textbook tab above for info.)
Classes are held at the Dillingham Center. 1304 Plaza Drive, Burlington, NC (Exit 145 off I-40/ I-85)
Real Estate Pre-Licensing Training Course Completion Standards
At least 80% class attendance.
First Paid, First Served. To register, 1) click the "Register Now" button. In the "search for sections" box type "real estate" 2) select the section you want & complete all required fields 3) complete the registration process by paying for the course
|Location: DC||Hours: 78||Fee:$186**|
|79451 3/28-5/18/23* *No class on 4/10-4/13||Mon, Tues, Thurs
9:00 AM- 1 PM
|Location: DC||Hours: 78||Fee: $186**|
|79446 1/17-3/6/23* *No class on 2/20||Mon, Tue, Thur
**Additional expenses: books, license application, exam fee
Real Estate Continuing Education classes- CEU's
Real Estate Continuing Education
In order to renew your license on active status, you must complete eight (8) hours of continuing education (CE) during each “July 1 to June 10” license period. For more information, please call 336-506-4322 or email email@example.com. For more continuing education information: https://www.ncrec.gov/Education/General
Registration is not complete until payment is received.