Guaranteed to meet your needs and exceed your expectations with FREE* tuition, books, fees, and supplies!
*or highly affordable
Above, see Governor Cooper’s introduction to the Alamance Promise program.
Steps to Receive Alamance Promise Assistance
- Obtain a residency determination at ncresidency.org.
The residency determination must be done prior to your application submission.
- Apply to ACC
- Complete FAFSA
- Complete the ACC Foundation Scholarship Application
Complete this step after you are admitted to ACC, as you must log in to the scholarship site with your ACC username and password.
A Financial Aid or Admissions representative will contact you to help you complete any or all steps of this process.
- Any curriculum student who meets the need-based requirements (based on completed FAFSA)
- Workforce Development student, enrolled in an occupational extension related program, who meets the need-based requirements (based on completed FAFSA)
Career and College Promise students are not eligible for Alamance Promise because they do not pay tuition. However, they can receive required textbooks at no cost.
Supplemental funds available to cover
- Costs to prepare for required licensure exams
- Licensure exam fees
- Participation in activities such as
- Local, state, and national skills competitions
- Field Trips
- Visits to local employers
- Work-based learning opportunities
Assistance is available to cover living expenses, on a short-term basis, such as
- Internet Access
Additional Available Resources
- Assistance with applying for Federal and State Benefits (Single Stop and Finish Line)
- Tax Filing Assistance
While supplies last!
After federal and state grants programs are exhausted, funds are provided by generous businesses, organizations and individuals who give to the ACC Foundation and care about you and your dreams. Some eligibility requirements apply.