Alamance Community College graduates are now guaranteed enrollment at Lees-McRae College if they first earn an associate’s degree and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while at ACC.
The Guaranteed Admission Program is open to all ACC students who meet certain academic requirements to transfer and complete a bachelor’s degree at Lees-McRae College.
The core values of the Guaranteed Admission Program Agreement are multi-layered:
- Any ACC student who earns an Associate of Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, or Associate in Fine Arts at ACC will be automatically admitted to Lees-McRae College.
- ACC students must fill out a Lees-McRae College application for admission and submit an official transcript.
- ACC students transferring are guaranteed admission into any of the following Lees-McRae programs: Business Administration, Criminal Justice, English, History, Nutrition Science, Psychology, Sports Management, Communication Arts & Design, Emergency Medical Services & Management, Exercise Science, Musical Theatre, Outdoor Recreation Management, Religious Studies, and Theatre Arts.
- ACC graduates must have a 2.5 GPA or higher to be granted admission into Biology, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Wildlife Biology, or Pre-Physical Therapy.
- Students must have a 2.7 GPA for admission to Elementary Education; students must have a 3.0 GPA to enter the Special Education or Nursing Program.
Lees-McRae Transfer Merit Scholarship
ACC students admitted to Lees-McRae College will receive academic merit scholarships that range in amounts up to and including 60% off Lees-McRae annual tuition. These merit-based awards are greater than amounts other transfers to Lees-McRae will receive and are guaranteed for the duration of the student’s stay at the school, provided the student remains in good academic standing.
New Horizon Transfer Scholarships
ACC transfer students will automatically receive academic scholarships and are awarded only to full-time students. These range from $2,000 per academic year for Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) members, and from $10,000 to $14,000 per academic year depending on the student’s grade point average. New Horizon Transfer Scholarships are awarded to students based upon their academic performance at ACC prior to enrolling at Lee-McRae College.