Fall 2020 Registration August 10-14th – Click Here
Registration, the process of scheduling your classes, is done each semester for the upcoming term. Meeting with your advisor and registering early will increase your chances of getting the courses of your choice:
- Correspond with an academic advisor to discuss your program of study and select courses for the upcoming term. (Find your advisor through these instructions)
- Make sure that you do not have any registration holds on your student account. Registration “holds” are such things as parking fines, Financial Aid charges, book or equipment fines that will prevent you from being able to register for courses.
- Determine the earliest possible date that you can register. You may contact the Admissions Office (336-506-4270) for questions about your registration priority group.
Registering for classes
Once your registration window opens, you can register for courses for the upcoming semester in one of the following ways:
- After corresponding with an admissions counselor to discuss your program of study, you can register online using Self-Service once you have been advised. Instructions for web registration are found on the main student page of Self-Service. Click here to access the Registration Handbook for Students. Admissions counselors may assist you during your first semester at ACC.
Currently Enrolled Students:
- Correspond with your academic advisor. You can find your advisor’s name in your Self-Service account. Once you have been advised, you should register online using Self-Service.
- Pay your bill. You can view your account balance and pay your bill (or set up a payment plan) on Self-Service. Payments may also be made at the Cashier’s Office in the Gee Building, 1st floor.
- If you are a new student, attend a new student orientation if you have not done so already.
- Purchase your textbooks. Visit the ACC Bookstore to view textbook requirements or purchase your textbooks.
- If you need to make a schedule adjustment, you can do so through the advertised final registration period. Registration dates, including the last dates to drop and add courses, are posted on the campus calendar. You should make every effort to ensure your schedule is set prior to the first day of class.
- If you wish to drop a course during the semester, you must use the ACC Drop Form. Your instructor must complete a portion of the drop form before you submit it to the Student Success Office for processing if you are dropping after the 10% point of class. Check the campus calendar for the last date to drop a course with a WP each semester.
Spring/Summer 2021 Registration & Important Dates
|October 28||Priority Registration opens for currently enrolled degree-seeking students with 50+ completed credit hours and veterans ( Self-Service registration opens at 12:01am)|
|October 30||Priority Registration opens for currently enrolled degree-seeking students (including CCP students) with less than 50 completed credit hours ( Self-Service registration opens at 12:01am)|
|November 6||Registration for new, non-degree seeking, and new CCP students ( Self-Service Registration opens at 8:00am)|
|January 4||Payment Deadline 3:00PM (Registration closes)|
|January 5||Registration Reopens 8:00 AM|
|January 8||Registration closes at 2:30 PM: Payment Deadline 3:00 PM|
|January 11||Classes Begin: Drop/Add period Begins. No drop/add form required during this drop/add period|
|January 14||Last day of drop/add period|
|January 18||Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (No classes & College Closed)|
|February 9||12 week classes start|
|February 24||Last Date to drop with a WP for 1st 8-week session.|
|March 1||2021 Summer & Fall Schedules available on Self Service: Deadline for 2021 Spring Graduation Applications|
|March 8||1st 8 week session ends|
|March 9||2nd 8 week session starts|
|March 14||Daylight Savings Time Begins (set clocks ahead 1 hour)|
|March 15-20||Spring Break (No Curriculum Classes)|
|March 23||2021 Summer & Fall Priority Registration Opens at 12:01 am for degree seeking students with credit hours ≥ 50 and All Veterans.|
|March 26||2021 Summer & Fall Priority Registration Opens at 12:01 am for degree seeking students with credit hours < 50.|
|April 1||2021 Summer & Fall Registration for new, non-degree seeking, and readmit students (Opens at 8 AM)|
|April 2-4||Easter Holidays (No classes & College Closed)|
|April 6||Deadline for 2021 Summer Graduation Applications|
|April 20||80% date – Last day to drop with a WP (for 16 week courses only)|
|April 23||80% date – Last day to drop with a WP (for 12 week courses only)|
|April 29||Last date to drop with a WP for 2nd 8 week session|
|May 6-11||Final Exams|
|May 11||Last day of semester|
|May 12||Walk-In Registration for 2021 Summer|
|May 18||2:30 pm Registration Deadline : 3:00 pm Payment Deadline|
|May 19||Classes begin (8 week & 1st 5 week sessions) : Drop/add period begins. No drop/add form required during this drop/add period.|
|May 31||Memorial Day Holiday (No Classes & College Closed)|
|June 15||Last Date to Drop with a WP for 1st 5 Week Session|
|June 22||End of 1st 5 Week Session|
|June 23||2nd 5 Week Session Starts|
|June 30 & July 1||College Open but No Curriculum Classes|
|July 2||Independence Day Holiday (No Classes & College Closed)|
|July 7||Last Date to drop with a WP for 8 Week classes|
|July 19||End of 8 Week Session|
|July 23||Last Day to Drop with a WP for 2nd 5 Week session|
|July 30||End of 2nd 5 Week Session|