Registration, the process of scheduling your classes, is done each semester for the upcoming term. Meeting with your advisor and registering early will increase your chances of getting the courses of your choice:
- Once you have completed the admissions process, correspond with an academic advisor to discuss your program of study and select courses for the upcoming term. (Find your advisor through these instructions)
- Make sure that you do not have any registration holds on your student account. Registration “holds” are such things as parking fines, Financial Aid charges, book or equipment fines that will prevent you from being able to register for courses.
- Determine the earliest possible date that you can register. You may contact the Admissions Office (336-506-4270) for questions about your registration priority group.
Registering for classes
Once your registration window opens, you can register for courses for the upcoming semester in one of the following ways:
- After corresponding with an advisor to discuss your program of study, you can register online using Self-Service once you have been advised. Instructions for web registration are found on the main student page of Self-Service. Click here to access the Registration Handbook for Students. Admissions counselors may assist you during your first semester at ACC.
Currently Enrolled Students:
- Correspond with your academic advisor. You can find your advisor’s name in your Self-Service account. Once you have been advised, you should register online using Self-Service.
- Pay your bill. You can view your account balance and pay your bill (or set up a payment plan) on Self-Service. Payments may also be made at the Cashier’s Office in the Gee Building, 1st floor.
- If you are a new student, attend a new student orientation if you have not done so already.
- Purchase your textbooks. Visit the ACC Bookstore to view textbook requirements or purchase your textbooks.
- If you need to make a schedule adjustment, you can do so through the advertised final registration period. Registration dates, including the last dates to drop and add courses, are posted on the campus calendar. You should make every effort to ensure your schedule is set prior to the first day of class.
- If you wish to drop a course during the semester, you must use the ACC Drop Form. Your instructor must complete a portion of the drop form before you submit it to the Student Success Office for processing if you are dropping after the 10% point of class. Check the campus calendar for the last date to drop a course with a WP each semester.
Spring Registration & Important Dates
|Oct 27||Priority registration opens (currently enrolled degree-seeking students with 50+ credit hours, veterans, TRIO, and MMSI)|
|Oct 29||Priority registration opens for degree-seeking students with <50 credits|
|Nov 5||Registration opens for new students and non-degree seeking students|
|Jan 5||Self-Service registration re-opens; Open registration with faculty advisors (10:00am-2:00pm & 5-7:00pm)|
|Jan 6||Open registration with faculty advisors 10am-2pm and 5-7pm|
|Jan 7||Registration closes for fall 16-week classes at 2:30pm; Payment deadline 3:00pm|
|Jan 10||Spring semester begins|
|Jan 10-13||Drop/add period (schedule changes)|