Choosing a Major / Choosing a Career
Choosing a degree major may require a lot of self-exploration and research. You may need to complete several self-assessments to develop an informed, realistic, and intentional choice about your college major.
The goal is to discover those occupations that are closely aligned with your interests, values, and motivated skills or strengths.
Here are a few other things to think about:
- How much time do you want to spend in college?
- What are your life obligations that may impact the time you spend in college?
- What are your financial resources to pay for the cost of college?
- Are you able or willing to re-locate in order to attend college?
- How much do you expect to earn after completing your college degree?
- College is where you develop skills and knowledge for the workplace.
- If you are unsure of your exact occupation, narrow your choice to a career cluster that fits your interests.
The following is a list of resources to assist you in deciding your career and college major: