Thank you for your service! Your success is our priority.
Why Attend Alamance Community College
- Alamance Community College has been voted a “Military Friendly School” for five straight years by GIJOBS.com and for ten consecutive years by VIQTORY (MilitaryFriendly.com)
- Alamance Community College has priority registration for Veterans.
- ACC offers designated Military Veteran parking spaces that are painted red, white, and blue.
- A licensed Veterans Center counselor is available once a month for confidential counseling.
- The Mobile Veteran Center comes to ACC main campus once a month for counseling and general questions.
- ACC’s VA Coordinator Morton attends monthly Veteran Connect meetings in Burlington and Mebane in order to learn more about resources for veterans.
- ACC is a member of the NC Association of Coordinators of Veterans Affairs (NCACVA), where Morton currently serves as President-Elect on its Executive Board.
- ACC is also a member of the National Association of Veteran Program Administrators (NAVPA) where Morton serves on its Regional Board of Directors.
- The College provides Green Zone training (professional development) for faculty and staff who wish to learn more about the military-affiliated student experience.
- The Veterans Association Club provides a network of support to military veterans, their families and civilian supporters. The club recently become a chapter member of Student Veterans of America.
- A Veterans Breakfast is held each year to celebrate Veterans Day.
- Questions about financial aid or Veteran’s Benefits? Call Feleta Morton at 506-4398.