- What is Moodle?
- How do I log into my Moodle course?
- What is my Moodle username?
- What web browser(s) may I use and how should it be configured?
- What should I do before the semester starts?
- What should I do the first day of class?
1. What is Moodle?
Moodle is a web based Course Management System that allows the classroom to extend onto the web. This program allows a common place for students to go for many classrooms’ resources. Using Moodle, you can post news items, assign and collect assignments, post electronic journals and resources, and more. Moodle offers an easy access to class documents.
2. How do I log into my Moodle course?
The ACC Moodle site is located at alamancecc.mrooms.net
From these pages click the User Login button. Each student has a unique User ID and Password with which to access his/her Moodle courses. See question/answer below.
3. What is my Moodle username?
Usually it consists of your first initial, middle initial, last name, and last 3 digits of your student ID number. For example: If John Melvin Doe’s student ID is 0123456, then his Moodle user name would be jmdoe456. Always be sure to use lowercase letters when typing your username into Moodle.
*Please note, your username and password are the same for Moodle and WebAdvisor. You also use your firstname.lastname@example.org as your email address and login.
4. What web browser(s) may I use and how should it be configured?
Alamance Community College has determined that the most consistent browser to use with Moodle at this time is Google Chrome. It is available as a free download at google.com/chrome
5. What should I do before the semester starts?
You should e-mail your instructor (or the department head) and tell him / her you have registered for the course. You can access the instructor or department head e-mail address in the employee directory.
6. What should I do the first day of class?
You should set up your ACCess account. This is the account your instructor will use to communicate with you throughout your studies. It will also allow you to use WebAdvisor and ACCess Apps email, docs, and calendar.
- To set up your account, please go here, fill out and submit the form. Remember your password.
- You may then log in to your MyACCess personal account.
- Email, Docs, and Calendar functions are available through ACCess Apps (in your school Gmail account).
- Online registration, grades, transcripts, and financial aid information are available through WebAdvisor.