Customized Training Program
For more than 50 years, North Carolina’s community colleges have supported business and industry with customized training. North Carolina was the first in the nation to deliver company-specific instruction as a component of the state’s economic development efforts. Today, North Carolina continues this strong tradition through collaborative partnerships. Companies require continual access to a talented and qualified workforce. Our Customized Training Program is geared to train the workforce to exhibit the productive and innovative culture for which your organization is known and is necessary to ensure its success.
Enhancing the global competitiveness of your company requires a strategic training solution that includes the identification of knowledge, skills and abilities for specific jobs, the design and development of a detailed customized plan, and the instructional delivery to your world-class workforce. – NCCCS → Creating Success for Business and Industry
Purpose: to provide customized training assistance in support of full-time production and direct customer service positions created in North Carolina, thereby enhancing the growth potential of companies located in the state while simultaneously preparing North Carolina’s workforce with the skills essential to successful employment in emerging industries.
Supports: North Carolina’s economic development efforts by providing education & training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries.
Developed: With recognition of the fact that one of the most important factors for a business or industry considering locating, expanding, or remaining in North Carolina is the ability of the State to ensure the presence of a well-trained workforce.
Designed: To react quickly to the needs of businesses and to respect the confidential nature of the proprietary processes.
New and Expanding Business
Offers New and Expanding Business and Industry training programs & services for:
- Job Growth
- Productivity Enhancement
- Technology Investment
Focuses on the immediate training needs of existing businesses by designing and implementing specialized training to address and upgrade the critical skills required as a result of new technology or process advances.
- Training assessments
- Instructional design
- Instructional costs
- Training delivery for personnel involved in the direct production of goods and services
- Production and technology support positions
- Full-time probationary employees of qualified Customized Training companies are eligible for training delivered by the community college.
- Customer Support Centers
- Regional or National warehousing
- Distribution Centers
- Technology Intensive (Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Air Courier Services
- National Headquarters with operations outside North Carolina
- Civil Service employees providing technical support to US military installations in North Carolina
To receive training assistance, business must demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- Business is making an appreciable capital investment
- Business is deploying new technology
- Business is creating jobs, expanding its existing workforce, or enhancing productivity and profitability of its operations within the State
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
Customized Training Program fund usage requires that trainees are paid by the company for all times during training hours.
If you manufacture, assemble, fabricate or produce…you may qualify! Contact us directly to discuss your Company’s present and future training needs.
Contact Louis Judge (336-506-4207) to discuss your Company’s present and future training needs!