Evacuation of a building is required by law when a fire alarm is sounding.
- Fire alarms may be activated manually at pull stations or automatically by sensors.
- Any person who sees smoke or fire in a building should immediately activate the fire alarm and initiate evacuation of the building.
- Close doors as you evacuate your area(s).
DO NOT USE ELEVATORS WHEN EVACUATING.
- Go to a safe place and call 336-506–4286. Give the exact location of the smoke or fire (building, room number, etc.). DO NOT hang up until told to do so.
- Campus Public Safety Officers will respond to your location to assist with evacuation as well as direct the fire department to the scene.
- DO NOT congregate close to the building or in areas that might impede access by emergency vehicles and personnel. Move to the designated areas located in the parking lots.
- Main Carrington-Scott Campus: Parking Lots B,C,D,F,G,J,K,L and I;
- Dillingham Center Campus: 2nd Parking Row toward Plaza Drive, Dollar General parking lot, Studio 1 parking lot, and the Outlet parking lot.
- DO NOT re-enter a building after you have been evacuated until the “all clear” is given by Campus Public Safety and/or Fire Department Official.
Fire safe areas inside of the buildings does NOT mean these are places for you to go and wait; it means these areas are protected to a certain heat degree to provide enough protection for you to evacuate the building safely.
EVERYONE MUST EXIT THE BUILDING DURING A FIRE ALARM!