Role in Academic and Governance Matters
The faculty of the College, in partnership with administration, ensures the overall effectiveness of the educational programs. Additionally, faculty members are involved in the decision-making processes for the College.
Faculty shall participate in the governance of the College through the following:
· Faculty members have primary responsibility for the content, quality and effectiveness of the curriculum.
· Faculty members are expected to participate in program/division level decisions and activities.
· Faculty participate in college committees based on appointment by the President.
· Faculty participate in the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, or similar body, which is designed to provide broad-based participation in the college planning process.
· The Faculty Affairs Committee, or similar respective body, addresses the educational and related issues of interest to the faculty.
Source: Board Action: Board Minutes, November 12, 2012, Page 2130