Spring 2022: Handling COVID-19 Cases at ACC
Have you been exposed, or tested positive? Find guidance below.
Revised COVID Protocol
February 11, 2022
- Submit a self-report form if:
- You test positive or have symptoms.
- You have been in close contact* with someone who has COVID.
* less than 6 feet away from an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period
- When you self-report, you will receive an email message, which will include:
- The specific projected date of your return to campus, based on CDC guidelines.
- A statement that you can return to campus on that projected date of return as long as you do not have a fever and your symptoms are improving.
- A recommendation to get tested (home test or PCR test), but no test documentation will be required. At-home test kits are free and available at three campus locations:
- Health Educator, Elma Kendrick (Main Building, A01);
- Main Building Information Desk; and
- Human Resources Administrative Assistant Kristina Bowden’s desk located on Gee 2nd floor in the corridor outside Yonnie Butler’s office (214).
- On your projected date of return, if you do not have a fever and your symptoms are resolving:
- Student: take a copy of the email message from the Health Educator containing the return date to each class as documentation to show your instructor.
- Employee: show your supervisor a copy of the email message from HR showing date of return to campus.
- Upon return to campus, wear a mask while indoors.
- If you develop symptoms, isolate and get tested.
- Do not return to campus if you continue to have a fever and your symptoms are not resolving, regardless of your projected date to return.