English, Communication, and Humanities Department
The English, Communication, and Humanities Department at Alamance Community College offers courses in the following subject areas:
- Art (ART)
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Communication (COM)
- Drama (DRA)
- English (ENG)
- English for Academic Purposes (EFL)
- Humanities (HUM)
- Music (MUS)
- Philosophy (PHI
- Religion (REL)
- Spanish (SPA)
The mission of the Department of English, Communication, and Humanities is to provide students with a well-rounded education that will prepare them for a successful transition to a four-year university or a technical career. The department’s courses are designed to give students the academic foundations they will need to develop strong critical thinking and writing skills, as well as fluency in oral communication and multicultural perspectives.
Faculty in the English, Communication, and Humanities Department will prepare and empower students to pursue higher education by offering structured curricula that meet the following student learning objectives:
- Students will solve problems, express their viewpoints, and incorporate them into course assignments using critical thinking and/or writing skills.
- Students will develop knowledge of past and contemporary culture(s).
- Students will present clearly and effectively their messages using oral and/or written communication.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to properly research material and utilize those concepts in their course assignments.