Spanish Interpreter Program
This program prepares students to work as paraprofessional Spanish interpreters, facilitating oral communication between people in various community settings such as hospitals, schools and service agencies. Call 336-506-4200 for more information.
Native Spanish Speakers
Prerequisites (Track 1):
Curriculum courses DRE 096, DRE 097 and DRE 098 may be required based on placement test scores.
Required Courses (Track 1)
- Writing and Inquiry (curriculum course ENG 111)
- Oral Communication (curriculum course ENG 115)
- Professional Research/Reporting (curriculum course ENG 114)
Native English Speakers
Prerequisite (Track 2):
Showing proficiency at the Intermediate Spanish II level as determined by testing or successful completion of the curriculum course SPA 212.
Required courses (Track 2):
- Spanish Reading & Composition (curriculum course SPA 231)
- Spanish Conversation (curriculum course SPA 221)
Required courses for both Tracks:
- Introduction to Spanish Interpreting and Spanish Grammar Review
- Analytical Skills in Spanish Interpreting and Introduction to Spanish Translation
Course Offerings Spring Semester
Intro to Spanish Interpretation & Analytical Skills
This combines two of the required courses above into one long course, to provide a cost-savings to the student. Call 336-506-4200 for more information.