Workforce Development / Continuing Education
Nurse Aide & Nurse Aide Refresher
Nurse Aide I
The Nurse Aide curriculum prepares individuals to work under the supervision of licensed health care professionals in performing nursing care and services for persons of all ages. Course work emphasizes growth and development throughout the life span, personal care, vital signs, communication, nutrition, medical asepsis, therapeutic activities, accident and fire safety, household environment and equipment management; family resources and services; and employment skills.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and safe performance of skills necessary to be eligible for listing on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry. Call 336-506-4200 or 336-506-4318 for more information. Instructor: Sandra Hooks
- High School or College Transcript
- Complete COVID Vaccination- This is a requirement at the clinical sites that partner with ACC. Clinical participation is a course requirement for successful completion of Nurse Aide training.
*This course has several additional costs that are not included with the registration fee. Please see the breakdown below.
|80986||In-person 10/16-11/29/23 classroom and lab||M-TH 8-1:40 pm|
|CPR||TBD||$60 (not included in the Registration Fee).|
|11/30-12/13/23||M-TH 8 am-2:40 pm|
Please email registration forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Aide II
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and safe performance of skills necessary to be eligible for listing on the NC Nurse Aide II Registry. Call 336-506-4200 or 336-506-4318 for more information. Instructor: Celeste Mulrooney
No classes Spring 2022 semester. Please check back later for future dates.
Nurse Aide Refresher
- Must have a Nurse Aide I certification that has not expired for longer than five (5) years.
- Nurse Aide I from another state must have proof of certification and cannot be expired more than 5 years.
- Must have proof of successfully completing and passed a state-approved Nurse Aide I course within the last three (3) years.
- Must have proof of Military medical/corpsman training
- Must hold a current state recognized health care credential from any state. Example: EMT/paramedic with clinical hours.
This course is appropriate if your N.C. nurse aide credential has expired and you wish to renew it, OR, if you have a current or expired out-of-state credential and wish to be credentialed in North Carolina. Call 336-506-4200 or 336-506-4318 for more information including prerequisites. Instructor: Nancy Hinshaw
Note: This is NOT the same as the Basic Nurse Aide class for beginners. For that class, please call 336-506-4253.
|Hours: 40||Fee: $131|
|10/24/23-11/16/23||TTh 8:00 am- 1:30 pm|