Basic Law Enforcement Training
The Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) curriculum at Alamance Community College is designed to prepare entry level individuals with the needed skills to become certified law enforcement officers in North Carolina.
This program utilizes state commission-mandated topics and methods of instruction. General subjects include, but are not limited to, criminal, juvenile, civil, traffic, ABC law, investigative, patrol, custody, court procedures, emergency response, ethics and community relations.
Students must successfully complete and pass all units of study which include the certification examination by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and the North Carolina Sheriffs’ Education and Training Standards Commission to receive a certificate.
Special Admission Requirements Mandates
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Applicants must be 20 years of age by the first day of class. Proof of age will be required at the time of registration. A waiver may be obtained at 19 years of age but the cadet must be 20 years of age before the date of the state exam.
- High School graduate or GED. (High School diplomas earned through correspondence not recognized)
- Applicants with any felony convictions regardless of date of offense may not enroll. Applicants will have a criminal history evaluation given to the school director prior to enrollment.
- Successfully complete the College reading placement assessment as outlined by the state of North Carolina. (With a score at or above tenth grade level or equivalent)
- Possess a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Click Here for Frequent Questions about Cost and Application process
Students are required to take a reading and spelling test and score a minimum 10th grade level to gain entry into the program.
To schedule the test visit www.alamancecc.edu/TABE.
Application packet can be picked up at the main campus in Graham, N.C., or contact the Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) office at 336-506-4034.
BLET School Director: Christopher Verdeck email@example.com
BLET Administrative Assistant: Hannah Giroux firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
The BLET course is required in order to become a law enforcement officer in NC. Students must be sponsored or hired by a law enforcement agency to take this course. For more information, call 336-506-4034.
Financial Aid may be available.
|Class||Location: ACC/ BFPT||Cost: Approx. $300 (Uniforms & Materials)|
|Day||8/8/22-12/16/22||REGISTER BY 7/8/22|
Day Classes are M-F 8 am-5 pm* *Schedule may vary
BLET Registration Form & Admission Packet
- Take a reading and spelling TABE test and score a minimum 10th grade level to gain entry into the program.
- Submit a registration form
- Download, complete & return the admission packet (or pick up a packet). Call 336-506-4034 for packet locations.
|1.||Pass TABE Test. To schedule the testing visit|
|2.||Complete BLET Registration Form|
|3.||Download, complete & return BLET Admission Packet||
When printing the packet you MUST print SINGLE SIDED.