Workforce Development / Continuing Education
Workforce Development/Continuing Education courses consist of short-term, non-credit, non-degree courses and programs to meet the needs of a diverse adult community.
These needs may be related to job training/upgrading of job skills or personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
SPRING AND FALL HOURS
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 noon
Dillingham Center, 1304 Plaza Dr. Burlington, NC
Need Financial Aid for Workforce Development Classes?
GEER (Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Scholarship)
The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Scholarship (GEER) fund provides up to $750. If the cost is under $750, eligible students may still receive $750 and may use the excess funds as additional support while taking the course.
Students can receive the scholarship multiple times if they enroll in different programs.
- Scholarship recipients remain eligible to receive other grants and scholarships listed on the Financial Aid for Continuing Education web page. Stack these funds to get the maximum benefit!
- The scholarship can be used to help cover the cost of tuition, books & supplies.
In order to qualify for the GEER scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
Be a current North Carolina Resident;
Currently enrolled (or planning to enroll) in one of the approved programs.
- Course must be at least 96 hours
- Course must lead to an industry recognized credential
Students must comply with the attendance policy of the program/course.
Students may receive funding for multiple programs; however, they may only apply for one program at a time. Additional scholarships will not be granted without successful completion of previous programs that used the GEER grant.
Eligible Workforce Development Pathways for GEER Scholarship:
Please click on the Course title below for more information and to register.
In order to qualify for the GEER scholarship, students need to complete these forms:
1) ACC Registration form for the selected program area. See the list of eligible classes in the tab above.
2) Complete the GEER scholarship application:
The scholarship can cover tuition, books and supplies. If there is a credit balance, it will be issued to students after the 10% point of the class. If you need assistance, please contact Melissa Baity, Financial Aid Scholarship Specialist at 336-506-4411 or at email@example.com.
Golden LEAF has been a steady hand providing resources to increase the economic opportunity for the state’s rural and economically distressed communities through a variety of grantmaking including building human infrastructure through workforce training and scholarships.
Scholarships are available to students from qualifying counties, who demonstrate financial need, to help them attend college at participating North Carolina public or private institutions or community colleges. Golden LEAF’s goal is for scholarship students to gain the talent, knowledge and skills needed to help their communities thrive.
Students from any qualifying county (see link below) may be eligible for the Golden Leaf Scholarship.
Please click on the link below to access the Golden Leaf Scholarship application.
- Please note that funds for this scholarship have probably been exhausted as of 5/20/22
Students will also need to have a current FAFSA on file with the college.
Some programs may not qualify for the GEER or Golden LEAF scholarship, but there may be other options available.
For more information please call 336-506-4300 and ask to speak with the Administrative Assistant for your requested program area.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will follow up with you.
Law Enforcement Classes
Please click on the categories below for current offerings and registration information.
No courses this semester. Please check back for future dates.
- Accounting Classes
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Payroll Accounting
- Quickbooks, Level I
- Computer Classes
- Basic Google Docs & Sheets
- Excel in the Workplace
- Intro to Graphic Design
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Fundamentals of Trading Stock & Stock Options
- Intro to Nonprofit Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Human Resources
- SPHR Exam Study System
- Project Management
- Intro to Project Management
- CAPM Exam Preparation
- Employability Skills (Resume, Cover Letter, Job applications, etc)
- DSS Caseworker
- Introduction to Healthcare Careers
- Introduction to Animal Care & Management
- National Career Readiness Certification
- NCRC & WorkKeys testing
- Teleworking from Home
- Soft Skills for Workplace Success
- NEW! Retired to Rehired
- NEW! Smarter Money Management: Making Good Financial Decisions