Community College Month
April is Community College Month, spotlighting the vital role we play in workforce development or university transfer.
This upcoming celebration made me ask: Why attend Alamance Community College?
A dozen reasons why:
- ACC offers 40-plus career pathways in Accounting and Business Technologies, Information Technology, Health and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Professional Services, and Advanced Manufacturing and Applied Technologies. Graduates enter the workforce two years before peers at 4-year institutions.
- More than two dozen 4-year colleges and universities accept ACC graduates under various transfer and articulation agreements. Earning transferable credits those first two years at ACC saves families many thousands of dollars in lower tuition.
- ACC’s high school-college dual enrollment program – Career & College Promise – fast-tracks graduates into to careers or university transfer.
- Students can complete coursework online, allowing them to study when they want, where they want – particularly important to students juggling jobs, child care or elder care.
- ACC’s short-term certificate programs can accelerate promotions, salary increases and pathways to new career opportunities. ACC’s apprenticeship and work-study programs offer a similar fast-track. These students earn while they learn.
- Most ACC students receive financial aid. Because of that and affordable tuition, ACC graduates avoid crippling student loan debt.
- ACC offers robust extracurricular activities, networking events and club activities – giving our students a well-rounded college experience.
- The recently-opened Advance Applied Technology Center and the soon-to-open Biotechnology Center of Excellence enhance access to high-demand, high-paying science-technology-engineering-math (STEM) careers.
- Alamance Community College is centrally located off Interstates 40-85 to serve our residents. Additionally, students in Guilford, Orange, Durham, Caswell, and Rockingham counties prize our highly-specialized programs.
- For 12 consecutive years, ACC has been recognized as a Military Friendly College. We support our veterans, serving those who served us.
- Our two campuses are serviced by public transit. No wheels? No problem.
- Smaller class sizes and optimum student-faculty ratios allow ACC students to learn in a nurturing and personalized environment. Class loads and credit hours can be tailored to meet individual student needs, allowing them to learn at their own pace. And our faculty hold advanced degrees or real-world work experience. This too gives our graduates a competitive advantage.
We’re enrolling now for summer and fall semesters. Apply now!
Learn more with our 360-degree virtual tour here: