2021 Commencement FAQ
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Below we have prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions for you:
- Prospective curriculum graduates must submit the Application for Graduation form. The form can be submitted electronically through the student’s Self Service account (Application for Graduation under the Academic Planning Section) or can be submitted at the Student Success Office located on the first floor of the Gee Building. This form must be submitted in order to graduate; graduation is not an automatic process.
- Take the completed form to the Admissions Office and pay the appropriate fee at the Cashier’s Office, located on the first floor of the Gee Building. The $25.00 fee includes the processing cost of one (1) degree, one (1) degree cover, and the cap and gown.
There is a $6.00 charge for each additional degree ordered. Payment cannot be made online at this time. For more information, contact the ACC Business Office at 336-506-4141.
- Fall graduates must have completed their Application for Graduation form by December 4, 2020 and pay the graduation fee by April 28, 2021.
- Spring graduates must complete their Application for Graduation form by March 1, 2021 and pay the graduation fee by April 28, 2021.
- Summer graduates must complete their Application for Graduation form by April 6, 2021 and pay the graduation fee by April 28, 2021.
There are two options this year for deadlines:
- Pick up on campus at Cap and Gown Event deadline for ordering is March 22, 2021
- If having shipped to home for a fee (please see Oak Hall ordering site) deadline is April 30, 2021
When and where do I pick up my cap and gown if I did not pay for it to be shipped to a personal address?
Cap and Gown Event: April 30, 2021 11:00 am- 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Please bring paid graduation receipt and photo ID to receive cap and gown. Any cap and gown not picked up will be sent to the Business Office.
Students who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.8 (rounded) or higher at the time of Commencement will be given a gold honor cord signifying High Honors.
Students with a cumulative grade point average between 3.3 (rounded) and 3.744 (rounded) will be given a silver honor cord signifying Honors.
- When: Friday, May 14, 2021
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Virtual Ceremony: see the colleges website and social media for link to ceremony.
Diplomas will be mailed one week after graduation requirements are completed.
The Business Office will have a limited surplus of caps and gowns. Once you have paid your graduation fee, you may pick up a cap and gown at the Business Office after April 30, 2021. Please be aware that your correct size may not be guaranteed in this circumstance.