BioWork is a 136-hour non-credit certificate course that can lead to an entry-level position as a process technician.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded for this course. BioWork is intended for high school graduates, for those in manufacturing industries who have lost their job, and for those who would like to start a new career.
BioWork Information Sessions
BioWork Information Sessions have changed to a generic online BioWork information session followed by shorter on-site information sessions in which specific college requirements will be explained.
Online Information Session:
To learn more about the BioWork Program or learn how to start the registration process, visit the BioNetwork online BioWork information website here.
Biowork Program Basics
- Cost (including books): $183 + $100 textbook and $75 testing fee (optional)
- Duration of Course: 8 weeks, depending upon section chosen to attend
- Section Options: evening, and hybrid distance learning
- Location : Alamance Community College, Carrington-Scott Campus – Powell Building
- Eight units of study designed by industry and directly related to biopharmaceutical technology
- Hands-on lab and equipment training (50% of course)
- Teamwork and problem-solving activities
- Tour of the Biomanufacturing Training Education Center / BioNetwork Capstone Center and aseptic gowning training
- Teaching expertise of industry veterans
- Optional state certification exam for process technicians
- Networking opportunities linked to career-building and job search
- Optional resume support and interview practice
- A link to additional hands-on training provided by the BioNetwork Capstone Center
Before you can register for BioWork, you must:
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Attend an information session.
- Pay tuition ($183 fee)
- Operate, monitor, and control the production process.
- Receive, transport, and store materials.
- Collect and analyze materials used in production.
- Inspect and maintain the production equipment and control systems.
- Keep critical records on the process and product.
- Maintain company safety, health, and environmental standards.