Career and College Promise
The Career & College Promise (CCP) program allows North Carolina high school students a clear path to success in college or in a career. The program is tuition-free to all students who meet the eligibility requirements.
There are three types of pathways available to high school students.
1. Cooperative Innovative High School Pathway
- Consists of students in the Alamance-Burlington Middle/Early College which is housed on ACC’s campus
- No restrictions on the types of courses that can be taken as long as prerequisites for individual courses are met
- For more information, contact the Alamance-Burlington Middle/Early College at 336-506-4001.
2. Career Technical Pathways
Lead to a career technical certificate in any of these pathways: (Click on each one to view courses and eligibility requirements)
- Advertising and Graphic Design
- Advertising and Graphic Design – Visual Arts
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Animal Care and Management Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Business & Marketing
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Computer-Integrated Machining
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Esthetics Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Horticulture Technology
- Information Technology-Web Design
- Information Technology-Business Support
- Information Technology-PC Repair
- Information Technology-Network Technician
- Information Technology-Linux/Unix
- Information Technology-Windows
- Manicuring/Nail Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Administration-Healthcare Clerical
- Medical Coding, Billing and Insurance
- Nurse Aide
- Welding – see our High School Welder video!
3. College Transfer Pathways
Lead to university-transferable coursework
Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Pathways available
Placement Guide (test score requirements/eligibility)
For additional information about eligibility requirements for these programs, contact Career and College Promise at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-506-4231.
Important Dates for Summer/Fall 2018 Semester
|March 8, 2018
|Career & College Promise Information Session
|March 27, 2018
|College-wide Open House with CCP Information Session from 6:00-6:45 in Auditorium
Admissions/Registration Procedures for New Students
- Complete the paper CCP Application and submit to the CCP Coordinator (email@example.com). CCP students should not complete the online college admission application.
- Submit official high school transcript (private and home school students only)
- Submit a copy of test scores that are being used for college transfer pathway eligibility (home school students only)
Dual Credit Allowances for Career and College Promise
Have questions about going to college?
Visit the following website designed by the U.S. Department of Education. It will provide you with information about:
-Creating your “road map” to college
-Paying for college
-Overcoming barriers to college