The Accounting curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge and the skills necessary for employment and growth in the accounting profession. Using the “language of business” and technology resources, accountants assemble, analyze, process, and communicate essential information about financial operations.
In addition to course work in accounting principles, theories, and practice, students will study business law, finance, management, and economics. Related skills are developed through the study of communications, computer applications, financial analysis, critical thinking skills, and ethics.
The Accounting Department at Alamance Community College (ACC) provides students with the education they need, when they need it, and how they need. Here are the top reasons to get your Accounting degree at ACC.
- Value – A local quality education at an affordable price
- Flexibility – Take courses that fit your schedule and needs (day, evening, or online)
- Financial Aid – Pell Grants and Foundation scholarships
- Hands on Learning – Build the technical and soft skills employers desire
- Work Based Learning and Internships – Gain work experience before you graduate
- Caring Faculty – Personalized advising to help ensure you stay on the path to graduation
- Workforce Ready – Earn a degree that prepares you for a job in your career field
- University Options – Transfer to UNC-Greensboro or NCCCU upon AAS degree completion
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
- Bank Teller
- Tax Preparer
Accounting and Business Administration