ACC Cosmetology Head Wins ‘Partner in Education’ National Award

Heather Laws in Minneapolis with her award.

Above, Heather Laws in Minneapolis with her award.

(October 31, 2022) Heather Laws, Cosmetology Department Head at Alamance Community College, is the recipient of a national education award from Great Clips.

Laws accepted the “Partners in Education Award” in Minneapolis, MN on October 17. The award recognized ACC’s program for making a significant impact in providing educational opportunities for students entering the field of cosmetology. It also referenced Laws and ACC Cosmetology for nurturing a strong partnership with the Great Clips organization.

“Heather deserves a huge congratulations. This award could not have gone to a more deserving department head at our college,” said ACC President Dr. Algie Gatewood. “I am amazed at her work ethic and how she has grown Cosmetology and other sub-programs under that umbrella.”

Heather Laws is an ACC alumna and has served as the College’s Cosmetology Department Head since 2018.

During the awards ceremony in Minneapolis, Great Clips presenters said this about Heather Laws:

“Heather is passionate about the industry, always going above and beyond to encourage students to find their path and instructors to keep students’ best interests of future cosmetologists front of mind. Heather welcomed Great Clips into the schools’ classrooms and encourages field trips to Great Clips salons. She is a frequent visitor to our expos, often attending with her entire staff. This familiarity with the Great Clips brand helps her identify students who will thrive at a Great Clips salon. She is always willing to play the role of matchmaker, connecting new stylists with hiring managers.”

“Winning this award was a huge honor. I have never been so humbled in my life,” said Laws. “I enjoy each and every day I have with my students. Watching them transform into professionals who can go become successful in the cosmetology industry is a purpose that I am honored to be called to do.”