News

Related

ACC Scholar Presents at UNCG Honors Symposium

Logan White

Logan White

Logan White, an Honors program student at Alamance Community College, virtually presented a paper at the UNC-Greensboro Honors Symposium on March 25.

White, the College’s 2022 Academic Excellence nominee to the NC Community College System, is on track to earn an Associate in Science degree this spring. Over the past two years, she has participated in coding and cybersecurity competitions with the campus IT (Information Technology) Club, pursued independent research through the Honors program, and become a NASA Community College Aerospace Scholar.

“I’m very excited to be presenting my paper at UNCG’s Honors Symposium,” said Logan. “I worked on this honors project in [ACC instructor] Mr. Chad Godt’s art history class last spring. My paper, Look to the Sky, examines the importance of astronomy through ancient art and architecture. This project initially served as a way to meld my love of the arts with my STEM-centric major, and it’s been incredibly satisfying to return to it in preparation for the symposium. Having the opportunity to pursue experiences like this through ACC’s Honors program has been amazing, and I’m grateful that Mr. John Neathery [Honors Program coordinator] encourages us to explore all facets of academia.”

White, a Mebane resident, plans to transfer to a four-year institution this fall to major in computer science and physics.