Alamance Community College is invested in full compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The Disability Services office at the College ensures that the programs and facilities of the College are appropriately accessible to students.
Steps to Accessing the Disability Services Moodle Site
To obtain information about the request process, documentation guidelines, and evaluation resources follow the steps listed below:
- Click on any of the words in “Click here to learn more about ACC’s Disability Services” to activate the link.
- Visitors to the site will log-in using the guest key
- Currently enrolled students will use their ACCess user name and password
Registration Process for Disability Services
How to Register with Disability Services?
- Complete the ACC Accommodation Request Form.
- Complete the FERPA Release Form.
- Submit disability/medical condition documentation, request form and FERPA form to Disability Services located on the 1st floor; Student Development, Wallace Gee Building; leave documentation/forms in the mailbox belonging to the Coordinator of Special Needs.
- When your documentation has been received and reviewed you will be contacted by Disability Services (usually by ACCess e-mail) to advise you to schedule an appointment.
- Schedule an appointment with the Coordinator of Special Needs & Counseling Services to discuss services and/or accommodations. This meeting is required for accommodations and/or services to begin.
- Meet with the Coordinator of Special Needs to:
- Discuss your functional limitations and restrictions.
- Discuss academic services and/or accommodations for which you are eligible.
- Complete and sign the Disability Services accommodation letter; and
- Learn about Disability Services procedures and student responsibilities.
Where to Locate Forms & Documentation Guidelines?
The Accommodation Request and FERPA Release of Information forms are located in the forms section on the Disability Services Moodle site. In addition, information about documentation is available in the Documentation Guidelines section on this site. Directions to access the Moodle site located on the Disability Services webpage.
What is the Response Time for a Request?
Typically, 10-15 business days after the forms and documentation have been received and reviewed Disability Services will contact you (usually through ACCess e-mail) to schedule an appointment to discuss the request. During high volume times of the year, the process may take longer. It is strongly recommended that forms and documentation be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester or class.
Who do I Contact?
The Office of Disability Services is part of Student Development at Alamance Community College. The office is located on the first floor in the Wallace Gee building, Room 128.
Monica Isbell, MSW
Coordinator of Special Needs & Counseling Services