ACCESS Email / Google Applications
- What is ACCess Email?
- What other Google Applications come with our ACCess Email account?
- How do you set up an ACCess account?
- How do I forward my email to my personal account?
1. What is ACCess Email?
Your ACCess Email account is your official college email account for Alamance Community College, powered by Google. The college will use your ACCess email account to send all official college correspondence, unless you forward your messages to a different email account.
2. What other Google Applications come with our ACCess Email?
Students who create an ACCess email account also have access to Google Docs and Google Calendar.
Google Docs is a suite of products that lets you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store your documents and your other files — all online, and all for free. With an Internet connection, you can access your documents and files from any computer, anywhere in the world. (There’s even some work you can do without an Internet connection!) This guide will give you a quick overview of the many things that you can do in Google Docs. http://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=49008
Google Calendar allows you to organize your schedule without a burden. With Google Calendar, it’s easy to keep track of life’s important events all in one place. To learn more about all of the features within Google Calendar, please click below: http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2465776
3. How do you set up an ACCess account?
You will need to gather the following information:
- ACCess ID
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your Birth Date
- You will need to have a password ready
The information you provide is compared with what the college has on record. If you need to confirm any of this information or have misplaced your ACCess ID you can contact the Admissions Office, Advising Center, or your Advisor. Please bring some form of identification when requesting your misplaced ACCess ID.
ID’s are used to uniquely identify you. Your ACCess ID always has seven numbers including any leading zeros.
ACCess User ID’s are usually your first and middle initial followed by your last name and last three numbers of your ACCess ID.
This information is confidential. Please do not share this information with anyone!
4. How do I forward my email to my personal account?
To forward your email to your personal account, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your ACCess email account
- Click on “Settings” & “Settings” in drop-down menu
- At top, click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
- Click on Add a forwarding address
- Enter the personal email address to which you wish to send your school email.
- Check your personal email for a confirmation code that then must be entered in the appropriate box.
- Click the radio button to Forward mail