Registration, the process of scheduling your classes, is done each semester for the upcoming term. Meeting with your advisor and registering early will increase your chances of getting the courses of your choice:
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your program of study and select courses for the upcoming term.
- Make sure that you do not have any registration holds on your student account. Registration “holds” are such things as parking fines, Financial Aid charges, book or equipment fines that will prevent you from being able to register for courses.
- Check the priority registration calendar for the upcoming semester to determine the earliest possible date that you can register.
Registering for classes
Once your registration window opens, you can register for courses for the upcoming semester in one of the following ways:
- If you have already met with an advisor and know the courses you need to take, you can register online using WebAdvisor. Instructions for web registration are found on the main student page of WebAdvisor. Click here to access the Registration Handbook for Students.
- Admissions Counselors in the Student Development Office are also available to assist you with registration. The Student Development Office is located on the 1st floor of the Gee Building.
Currently Enrolled Students:
- If you have already met with an advisor and know the courses you need to take, you can register online using WebAdvisor.
- You can register in person with your academic advisor. Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising/registration appointment. You can find your academic advisor’s contact information in your WebAdvisor student account under “My Profile.” Instruction for Web registration are found on the main student page of WebAdvisor. Click here to access the Registration Handbook for Students.
- You can visit the Academic Advising Center to meet with an advisor and register for courses.
- Pay your bill. You can view your account balance and pay your bill on WebAdvisor. Payments may also be made at the Cashier’s Office in the Gee Building, 1st floor.
- If you are a new student, attend a new student orientation if you have not done so already.
- Purchase your textbooks. Visit the ACC Bookstore to view textbook requirements or purchase your textbooks.
- If you need to make a schedule adjustment, you can do so through the advertised final registration period. Registration dates, including the last dates to drop and add courses, are posted on the campus calendar. You should make every effort to ensure your schedule is set prior to the first day of class.
- If you wish to drop a course during the semester, you must use the ACC Drop Form. Your instructor must complete a portion of the drop form before you submit it to the Student Development Office for processing if you are dropping after the 10% point of class. Check the campus calendar for the last date to drop a course with a WP each semester.
Summer/Fall 2014 Registration Calendar
|Now||Meet with an academic advisor for 2014SU or 2014FA advising|
|Apr 21||Priority registration for currently enrolled degree-seeking students with 50+ completed credits|
|Apr 23||Priority registration for currently enrolled degree-seeking students with < 50 completed credits|
|Apr 30||Registration opens for new and non-degree seeking students (excluding CCP)|
|May 7||CCP registration (3:00pm in the Academic Advising Center)|
|May 12||Payment deadline for summer registrations from Apr. 23-May 12|
|May 13||No registration (campus of WebAdvisor)|
|May 14||New student orientation for summer semester (time TBA)|
|May 15||Final registration for summer semester|
|May 16||Classes for summer semester begin|
|June 18||New student orientation for fall semester (time TBA)|
|Aug 8||Payment deadline (12:00pm) for fall registrations from Apr. 23-Aug. 8|
|Aug 11||No registration (campus or WebAdvisor)|
|Aug 12||No registration (campus or WebAdvisor)|
|Aug 13||New student orientation for fall semester (times TBA)|
|Aug 14||Final registration for fall semester|
|Aug 18||Classes for fall semester begin|